Posts, Telecommunication, Science & Technology Audit Directorate is an important directorate under the Comptroller and Auditor General of Bangladesh. Formerly its name was “Office of the Deputy Controller, Post and Telegraphs (DCPT). As per Government order issued on 10.10.1974. the office was renamed as “Office of the Accountant General, Posts, Telegraphs & Telephones” (AG,PT&T) Subsequently the following three offices were created on 25.03.1985 after abolishing AG,PT&T.
1) Office the Director of Audit posts, Telegraphs & Telephones
2) Office of the Chief Accounts Officer. “Postal”
3) Office of the Chief Accounts Officer, “Telegraphs & Telephones”.
On 29.09.1995 as per order issued by the Comptroller and Auditor General this office was named as “Office of the Director General, Post, Telegraph & Telephone Audit Directorate Finally after merging two ministries namely, Ministry of Information Communication Technology and Ministry of Science and Technology this directorate’s scope was extended under the new name “Post Telecommunication, Science and Technology (PTST) Audit Directorate vide office order dated: 24.04.2014 of the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of Bangladesh. At present Post, Telecommunication, Science and Technology Audit Directorate conducts Audit on the activities / performance of the following offices :
- Ministry of post, Telecommunication & ICT.
- Ministry of Science & Technology.
- Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission.
- Postal Directorate.
- Bangladesh Telecommunication Company Ltd.
- Telephone Shilpa Sangstha Ltd.
- Bangladesh Cable Shilpa Ltd.
- Bangladesh Submarine Cable Co Ltd.
- Teletalk, Bangladesh Ltd.